November 2nd, 2020
As we continue to reopen board facilities, the Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) has adopted a five-phase approach, within the province’s reopening framework, to evaluate the feasibility of reopening our schools for community use.
As of today, we are evaluating Phase 5 as the board continues to focus on supporting our day time school operations and responding to the adjustment in learning models and enrolment changes. As such, schools will remain closed to community use and rentals through January 31, 2021.
- Phase 1: support the opening of Essential Service Childcare Centres
- Phase 2: support our Licenced Child Care Centres and Summer Camp at sites with Purpose Built Child Care Centres (23 locations)
- Phase 3: open board-owned outdoor facilities
- Phase 4: address the opening of Licensed Child Care at sites without Purpose Built Space
- Phase 5: consider opening our schools to Community Use and Rental partners
Staff will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and provide any updates on our website.
Thank you for your understanding.